Today a reader, tomorrow a leader. - Margaret Fuller
Most important facts
The Fundamental Library of the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LLU FB) is an accredited State level library. It was founded in 1939.
The Library obtained the stock of books – 13000 copies on agriculture and forestry – from the University of Latvia. In the period of the World War II the Library suffered heavy losses, the collection of literature was destroyed during the fire of the Jelgava Palace. Therefore after the war the collection had to be formed anew.
During the first years of its existence the Library was situated in Jelgava. From November, 1944 to 1961 the Library as well as the Agricultural Academy was housed in Riga, but later it again moved to Jelgava – to its present residence – the Jelgava Palace.